Any product that appears to have play value, by law, should be CE tested to comply with safety regulations.
There is an exception when it comes to Keepsake Bears & items made using customer fabrics as the process used to test, and therefore to determine if it fulfils the required safety, in fact destroys the finished item in the testing process. Therefore, it is not possible to meet the requirements as I will not be using new fabric.
To ensure the bears are as safe as possible, I follow the following processes for every make:
- Delicate fabrics are lined with poplin cotton fabric.
- Every pattern piece of fabric used is lined with iron on interfacing.
- The seam allowances are a minimum of 1cm wide.
- All seams are double stitched for added strength.
- Any joints are created with extra strong thread.
- Eyes & noses can be either felt or safety eyes dependant on the chosen bear - please message if you require felt features for safety.
Consequently, Keepsake Bears and similar items are collectors items & are not safe for children under 3 years of age nor are they designed to be used as a toy.
Care Instructions :
Your Keepsake Bear can be sponge cleaned and dried in air. It is not recommended to machine wash not tumble dry.