Memory Cushion - Custom Made from Cherished Clothing
Cushion created from cherished fabric (includes pad/insert)
This is a lovely keepsake and a special way to cherish a loved ones clothing. Often people are unsure what to do with clothing from a lost loved one and this is a beautiful way to hold onto memories.
The final design of your cushion will depend on the type and size of clothing available and may be any of the following examples -
- preserving the original shape of the item such as a collar or neckline
- a patchwork style if using smaller clothing or a selection of fabrics
- a solid panel front and back
The cushion will be finished with either a zipper closure or envelope style closure at the back dependant on the fabric used. It may be possible to use original buttons or zips dependant on the design.
The finished cushion will include an 18 inch (45cm) polyester pad.
Ordering & Sending clothing -
- After ordering your cushion you will receive an email with instructions on sending your clothing.
- The email will include some questions about your requirements.
- When the clothing is received I will sketch a layout for your approval before any cutting or stitching.
- On agreeing a design I require approximately 2 weeks to recreate your cushion
Further details about using your cherished fabric(s) can be found in FAQ.
If you would like your cushion personalised with hand embroidery or applique - please leave details in 'Any Special Instructions' at checkout or send me a message.
I look forward to recreating your cherished fabric(s).